OPENING TIMES


SEPTEMBER

Saturday 18

Sunday 19

 PLEASE CLICK LINKS BELOW

The Hedon Town Hall - St Agustines Gate - Hedon - HU12 8EX


.

The Hedon Town Hall on St. Augustine’s Gate was built in 1693 on the orders of Henry Guy, one of the town’s MPs. Above its entrance can be seen the impressive Coat of Arms, of Guy, sitting above the more modest ship’s crest of the Borough of Hedon.  Through the left hand side front window can be seen the iron bars of the former jail.The rooms to the right hand side, now used as the council offices, were once the lodgings of the sergeant-at-mace and his family. On the first floor is the Mayor’s Parlour, the meeting room for the Aldermen and the larger Court Room with its raised dais where the Mayor and bailiffs dispensed justice.