OPENING TIMES


SEPTEMBER

Saturday 11

Sunday 12

 PLEASE CLICK LINKS BELOW

Blaydes House - 6 High Street - Hull - HU1 1HA


Blaydes House was built around 1740 as the home and business premises of the Blaydes Family, shipbuilders, merchants and local political figures who played a leading part in the commercial and civic life of eighteenth century Hull. The house, with its elegant panelled rooms and sweeping carved staircase, demonstrates the prosperity and self confidence of the town's mercantile elite. Since 2001, Blaydes House has been the home of the University of Hull Maritime Historical Studies Centre.


It is a typical Georgian merchant's house, amongst the most impressive of several such buildings that have survived on the High Street. Blaydes House has been sympathetically restored, with period colour schemes designed to show off its carved and panelled rooms and sweeping staircase.